For small bathrooms and powder rooms, space comes at a premium. Yet these intimate rooms still need fixtures that make an impact. The deck mount faucets can shine by providing a stylish design without dominating the limited countertop area. By mounting directly to the sink or counter, they open up precious square footage while delivering the same functionality as a widespread or centre-set faucet.
Choosing the Right Deck Mount Faucet
When selecting a deck-mount faucet, keep the size of your bathroom in mind. More compact models with a lower spout height allow for installation in tighter spaces without impeding usage. If you’ll use vessel sinks or have children, look for taller spouts to allow clear room for hands and faces below.
Size and Scale
Consider both the overall size and proportions of potential faucets. A deck mount faucet should be appropriately scaled for your vessel sink or countertop without appearing too large or small. Measure the area where it will be installed and compare it to product dimensions to find the right visual balance.
While a lower spout height of around 5-6 inches accommodates installation under cabinets and shelving, it also reduces clearance. It can make hand washing and other usage difficult. For adequate functionality in tight bathrooms, look for deck-mount faucets with 8 inches or higher spouts. It ensures enough vertical room to wash up comfortably in compact areas.
One of the deck mount faucet’s prime advantages is that it is easier to install than other faucet types. Ensure any model you select includes clear instructions and doesn’t require special parts or tools. The process should be straightforward enough for DIYers rather than necessitating plumber fees.
Key Benefits of Deck Mount Faucets
Beyond their space-saving design, deck-mount faucets offer other advantages:
- Easier Installation: Installation is simpler with just one hole required rather than a widespread faucet’s three or more.
- Flexible Placement: Deck plates can be rotated to position the faucet and handles exactly where needed after cutting the initial hole. This flexibility is perfect for small sinks and vanities.
- Leak Protection: There are fewer potential leak points when mounting directly to the countertop rather than connecting below. This improves water tightness and reduces the need for maintenance.
- Affordability: With fewer parts and simpler construction than other faucet types, deck mounts carry a lower price tag without sacrificing style.
- Compact Footprint: Limiting the faucet footprint frees up valuable surrounding counter space in snug environments.
- Heightened Clearance: An elevated spout provides greater vertical room for hand washing and other usage than other compact faucets.
- Stylish Design: Deck plates allow for slim, contemporary forms, which are not always possible in more complex faucet configurations. This sleek aesthetic enhances modern bathrooms.
- Customized Positioning: Rotating the spout after installation lets you tweak the angle for ergonomic accessibility based on your unique space and needs.
- Tighter Water Seal: Direct contact mounting to the countertop blocks leaks better than connections underneath, which are prone to loosening over time.
Showcase of Kohler’s Finest Compact Faucets
Ready to see Kohler’s innovation in action? Here’s an overview of some of the most dazzling deck-mounted faucets made for modest bathrooms:
July® Comfort Height Single Control Lav Without Drain
Part of Kohler’s designer July collection, this sleek and transitional deck mount faucet features clean lines and a moderate spout height of 5-3/4″. Its single lever handle controls water flow and temperature for ease of use. It matches traditional and contemporary bathrooms with polished chrome or a vibrant brushed nickel finish.
- Single-control operation for simple on/off and temperature adjustment
- Durable solid brass construction with corrosion/tarnish-resistant finishes
- KOHLER ceramic disc valves exceed longevity standards for lifelong leak-free performance
- Transitional style suits a wide variety of sink/vanity combinations
Aleo+® PILLAR TAP, TALL
On the more modern end of the style spectrum, the Aleo Tall Pillar Tap brings European inspiration. Its graceful curve, culminating in a delicate folded spout, stands over 9” tall to accommodate vessel sinks comfortably. The single lever utilizes durable ceramic valves and advanced coatings to prevent corrosion and leaks.
- Tall over 9” spout height for vessel sink clearance
- Durable ceramic valve system exceeds industry longevity standards
- Leak-free performance with no water contact on valves
- Sleek single-piece pillar design with curved spout
Kumin™ Tall pillar tap
Another option for a modern vessel sink pairing is Kohler’s Kumin faucet. Its substantial columnar silhouette and angular lever create an architectural statement while meeting the needs of compact spaces. An eco-friendly 1.5 gallons per minute flow rate conserves water without skimping on pressure and coverage.
- Distinctively angular silhouette for a contemporary aesthetic
- 5 GPM flow rate saves water while delivering a strong stream
- Durable brass construction with corrosion/tarnish protection
- Generous spout height accommodates vessel installations
Fore Arc® Arc Single Control Lav Faucet Without Drain
The Fore Arc faucet features a streamlined arch to maximize the room below, blending organic inspiration with high style. Its seamless single-piece brass construction and hidden aerator prevent leaks while projecting clean, unbroken lines. With its thinner profile and low clearance, this faucet embodies an essential, space-saving design.
- Slim arched spout for expansive clearance
- Hidden aerator and single-piece brass build for a seamless look
- Leak-proof monolithic construction with no visible joints
- A thinner footprint steals less room from tight countertops
The deck mount faucets rise to meet the challenge for petite powder rooms and tight bath spaces where every inch counts. Their sensible footprint, leak-resistant mounting, and placement flexibility allow full-sized form within diminished areas. Today’s compact deck mount faucets prove good things come in small packages and match sleek silhouettes with smart engineering.