Owing to LinkedIn’s all-business approach, this social media platform has lost some ground in popular opinion. Nevertheless if you need business advice, the latest information on industry trends, or a reference for business partners, LinkedIn is the best place to go. The format and mindset of LinkedIn make it the ideal social media platform for B2B marketing.
With 562 million users, LinkedIn is about building business networks and connections. Not only who you know is important but equally so is who your connections know. That’s the real impact of LinkedIn for business: the capability to extract value from existing connections and nurture your brand through word-of-mouth. LinkedIn is also the top-rated social media platform for lead generation.
If your LinkedIn social digital marketing strategy is limited to a personal profile – especially one with an out-of-date, barely-there CV – then it’s time to up your game. It is absolutely vital that you have a detailed Company Page if you want to grow your audience as well as drive business results. In fact, according to insights Company Pages that are completed generally receive twice as many visitors than those which are not. Organisations that post, at a minimum, once a month generally gain followers six times faster than which let their pages go dormant.
What is a LinkedIn Company Page?
A company page on LinkedIn acts as the voice of your organisation. It assists members discover more about your:
- Business or school,
- Products and services, as well as
- Job opportunities.
In order to be able to network with members on LinkedIn, as an organisation, you need to have a LinkedIn Page. Before you create a Page for your school (including high schools) or company, create a LinkedIn profile with your first and last name. Currently, you’re only able to create pages on desktop.
Here are the steps that you need to go through in order to create a LinkedIn Company Page:
- Click the Work icon which you will find in the top right-hand corner of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Click ‘Create a Company Page’. If you want to create a Page for a school, you’ll also select this option.
Select the type of page that you’d like to create. You’ll be presented with the following options:
- Small business
- Medium to large business
- Showcase page
- Educational institution (high school or university/college)
- Page identity,
- Company or Institution details, and
- Profile details information.
Tick the verification box in order to confirm that you have the right to act on behalf of that company or school with respect to the creation of the page.
Click ‘Create page’.
If you don’t have an email address, which is confirmed and is related to your LinkedIn account, you’ll be told to add and verify your address. A red error message may be seen if your LinkedIn account has been created recently or if you don’t have enough connections.
- Required fields are in marked by an asterisk.
- All the Page URLs will be designed as linkedin.com/company/[your compainies name]. The public URL for your Page:
- You cannot LinkedIn Page (no fake profiles allowed) . LinkedIn members and search engines such as Google will use this URL to find your Page.
- It should contain at least one to two non-numeric characters.
- You must refrain from using more than one consecutive hyphen on the page (i.e. company–name) and may not have a hyphen at the start or end
- Any characters which are in correctly formatted will be replaced with a hyphen.
After putting your Page together, you can enter further details to build your brand by clicking Start building your page! You’ll be asked to provide a logo image, description, location details and more. LinkedIn offers a lot of occasions for digital marketing and is the perfect resource for B2B marketing. But without the right knowledge, marketing on LinkedIn becomes just another time-sucking social network.