When you have finally reached the stage of choosing the name of your LLC it means that you are almost ready to kick-off your career! However, it demands careful thought and you should pick the ideal one.
TRUiC is here to assist you all the way. From basic advice to detailed ways to start a Georgia LLC, you will be able to get all of the necessary information and prepare for your big start. Here is a detailed list of what you should keep in mind for your business name.
What kind of strategy should I follow?
There are various strategies to choose from, but all of them have a common feature: make your brand recognizable to customers. Find what your services are about, the values, the business’ aesthetic, and then try to join all these in one or two words that will be the name of your LLC. This will connect your brand with its name.
Easy and catchy name: Make sure that the name is smart, and easy to remember and to pronounce. Georgia is full of businesses so be creative. If people struggle to recall it, then this is an issue. Simplicity is always a good solution.
What is the domain name?
It is your business’ URL and it should be the same as your company name or recognizable in general, but there are also more creative ideas that you could follow.
The most common is the one that ends in .com. Of course, there are many more but if you want your business to be considered at a professional level then this is the one you should pick. It can be quite a vexing procedure because most of the domain names have already been registered.
What are the regulations in Georgia for my LLC?
- Your company name must include the words “limited liability company” or the abbreviation LLC. Sometimes just LC is acceptable.
- It mustn’t refer to other types of legal business entities, such as”incorporated” or “corporation.”
- It mustn’t refer to businesses like banking, medicine, or the law. If you want to start a business that offers these services, have a look at forming a Professional LLC (PLLC).
- It shouldn’t contain the words “college” or “university” without the approval of the Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission.
- Be sure that you remain distinguishable from any other entity or trade name in Georgia.
Your LLC name should be one of your main concerns. Be creative, smart and try to follow the instructions in order to find the ideal one for your business. TRUiC is here to give you instructions and step-by-step advice before you finally reach the point of opening your Georgia startup!